Placer County Fair Rib Cook-Off
Judges Box turned in by 1:00 p.m.
Peoples Choice tasting starts at 1:30 and goes until 3:30 p.m. Winner will be announced at 4:00 p.m.
Bring your team to accept the challenge of who has the best ribs in Placer County!
Limited to 25 contestants must register by May 31, 2022.
Important Information for Contestants
1. Booths are 20x20 square feet and electricity is NOT available. A 3-sided netted canopy tent is REQUIRED. You must provide a warming cabinet/chafing dish to keep ribs within the proper holding temperature of 135 degrees or above, all cooking utensils, serving table, water, and all ingredients for your ribs. All BBQ’s or smokers must be roped off.
2. All ingredients must be prepped and cooked on-site due to health considerations.
3. Only ribs are allowed to be cooked - no sales allowed from the booth.
4. Rib Cook-Off kits (tasting boat, 5 tickets, 1 voting ticket, and wet wipes) will be provided by @the Grounds.
5. Chefs are required to make a minimum of 30 racks which will be provided, but cooking more ribs is okay.
6. Approximately 10 days before the event, you will receive a confirmation letter with a map, directions to your check-in location, and your check-in time.
7. COOKING MAY NOT BE STARTED UNTIL YOUR BOOTH HAS BEEN CHECKED FOR HEALTH DEPARTMENT COMPLIANCE BY APPROPRIATE STAFF. **Important: Must show thermometer as part of the check-off procedure.
8. A chef’s meeting will occur at 9 a.m.
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN SETTING UP LATE SATURDAY NIGHT?
Let us know on your Registration Form!
1. Judges Box must be in at 1:00 p.m. Peoples Choice Tasting starts at 1:30 and ends at 3:30 p.m. Tasting kits include a voting ticket that will be collected by @the Grounds staff. Winners will be announced at 4:00 p.m.
2. Judging box turn-in is at 1:00 p.m. A judging box will be provided by @the Grounds staff and should contain at least 6 ribs.
3. Results of the People's Choice Voting and Judging will be announced by 4 pm.
5. Teardown of booths can begin after results are announced and should be completed by 5 pm.