Placer County Rib Cook-Off
Starts at 1:00 pm on Sunday, June 27
Tasting Limited to 750 Tickets
Judging is at 4:00 pm
Bring your team to accept the challenge of who has the best ribs in Placer County!
Limited to 25 contestants must register by June 13, 2021.
Important Information for Vendors
1. Booths are 20x20 square feet and electricity is NOT available. A 3-sided canopy tent is REQUIRED. You must provide your own cooking stove (preferably propane), all cooking utensils, serving table, water, and all ingredients for your ribs. All BBQs or smokers must be roped off.
2. All ingredients must be prepped and cooked on-site due to health considerations.
3. Only ribs are allowed to be cooked - no sales allowed from the booth.
4. Rib Cook-Off kits (tasting boat, 5 tickets, 1 voting ticket, and wet wipes) will be provided by @the Grounds.
5. Chefs are required to make a minimum of 15 racks which will be provided, but cooking more ribs is okay.
6. Approximately 10 days before the event, you will receive a confirmation letter with a map, directions to your check-in location, and your check-in time.
7. COOKING MAY NOT BE STARTED UNTIL YOUR BOOTH HAS BEEN CHECKED FOR HEALTH DEPARTMENT COMPLIANCE BY APPROPRIATE STAFF. **Important: Must show thermometer as part of the check-off procedure.
8. Participants are expected to arrive starting at 7 a.m. on June 27, 2021, with set-up to proceed soon after 8 a.m.
9. A chef’s meeting will occur before the event via Zoom.
1. Tasting and People's Choice Voting begins at 1 pm and ends at 3 pm. Tasting kits include a voting ticket that can be collected at the booth by @the Grounds staff.
2. Judging box turn-in is at 2 pm. A judging box will be provided by @the Grounds staff and should contain at least 6 ribs.
3. Judging begins at 2 pm and should complete by 3 pm.
4. Results of the People's Choice Voting and Judging will be announced by 4 pm.
5. Teardown of booths can begin after results are announced and should be completed by 5 pm.
Print and mail back with payment to:
451 Los Vegas Avenue
Roseville, CA 95678